Thursday, March 3, 2022

Kara Walker | Canisters












Kara Walker
Canisters
Chicago, USA: The Renaissance Society, 1997
29 × 12 × 12 cm.
Edition of 100 signed and numbered copies


A set of six glass canisters etched with a single tableau image of Walker's signature silhouettes. 

Produced for the Renaissance Society, in conjunction with Walker's exhibition, “Presenting Negro Scenes Drawn Upon My Passage Through The South And Reconfigured For The Benefit Of Enlightened Audiences Wherever Such May Be Found, By Myself, Missus K.E.B. Walker, Colored”.

A set of these recently sold or $18,750, against an estimate of between only three and five thousand. 



1 comment:

  1. Bitcoin investment has changed my life because I invested my bitcoin with Mr Anderson Carl. He is a professional trader and he help me trade my bitcoin and he can also help you. My first investment with Anderson Carl, I profited up to $2,600 with my investment of $200 in 7 days, Looking into this week as well, what have you planned to achieve? Why not take that step now and contact Anderson Carl on whatsapp: +1(252)285-2093 Email:(andersoncarlassettrade@gmail.com)I advice you shouldn't hesitate He's great.

    ReplyDelete