Thursday, March 24, 2022

Roula Partheniou | Untethered















Roula Partheniou
Untethered
Toronto, Canada: Self-published, 2017 - 
30.5 × 22.9 × 22.9 cm
Open Edition (each unique)


This foam and cast resin replica of a balloon features an embedded screw allowing it to be securely affixed to the ceiling. The edition is unlimited, with the buyer selecting an available colour of automotive paint; no two works share the same colour. Production shots below. 

To purchase, click here.

Partheniou's work can currently be seen in a solo exhibition at Marta in Los Angeles. Titled Two and Two Together, the show runs until April 23rd. For more information, click here

"Partheniou’s research and material reconnaissance engages a vocabulary of replication which stutters across her process—but not in reference to static originals. Rather, she attends to the learned reflections of objects housed in our embodied understandings of language, signification, and meaning-production. We come to know objects in and with time, as the detritus of everyday associations pile atop our understandings of form. In a shifted context, what lesson do we encounter from an object that refuses to satiate our assumptive expectation for its use? Works like ‘Untitled (Post-Its)’ and ‘Untitled (White Square with Colour Bar)’ stare plainly outward, eliciting the subjective palimpsest of a viewer’s memories to roar forward and barrage these surfaces like projected light upon a screen. The symphonic openness which saturates “Two and Two Together” seemingly culminates its deadpan delivery in the wall-work ‘Untitled (Brush Lines),’ a jittering grid of striped felt forms that looms at the edge of optical illusion, like a regime of chalkboard erasers stacking themselves en masse. ‘Untitled (Brush Lines)’ names its own contingency to painting within the title, a strategic departure from other works in the exhibition that further dislodges familiarity and function and asks a different question about how we got here in the first place."
- Marta Press Release













7 comments:

  1. BEST WAY TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK REUNITE TOGETHER CONTACT LORD ZULU DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP +19097814612
    How to get your ex back fast! I was hurt and heart broken when a very big problem occurred in my marriage seven months ago, between me and my husband . so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce. he said that he never wanted to stay with me again, and that he didn't love me anymore. So he packed out of the house and made me and my children pass through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back, after much begging, but all to no avail. and he confirmed that he had made his decision, and he never wanted to see me again. So one evening, as I was coming back from work, I met an old friend of mine who asked my husband .So I explained everything to him, so he told me that the only way I can get my husband back is to visit a priest, because it has really worked for him too. So I never believed in spells, but I had no other choice, than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the Email address of the priest whom he visited. So the next morning, I sent a letter to the address he gave to me, and the priest assured me that I will get my husband back the next day. What an amazing statement!! I never believed, so he spoke with me, and told me everything that I needed to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 7 months, gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back. So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day, with lots of love and joy, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day, our relationship was now stronger than how it was before, by the help of a priest. So, I will advise you out there if you have any problem contact LORD ZULU, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you.. or WhatsApp him on +1(909)7814612

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $1000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_doran_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All thanks to Mr Anderson Carl for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $2,570 in a week from an initial investment of just $200. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson Carl now on Whatsapp: +1(252)285-2093 Email: andersoncarlassettrade@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to introduce this hacker that I have been working with him on getting my credit score been boosted across the Equifax, TransUnion and Experian report. He made a lot of good changes on my credit report by erasing all the past eviction, bad collections and DUI off my credit report history and also increased my FICO score above 876 across my three credit bureaus report you can contact him for all kind of hacks . Email him here support@wavedrive.tech go on their website wavedrive.tech for more details,Whatsapp No:+14106350697 if you want to chat them up,One thing i can assure you would not regret this at all he is 100% legit

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine recommended brillianthackers800@gmail.com to me although i was feeling skeptical about them at first but i went ahead to message them and they helped me settle bank loans and they also helped me increase my credit score you can chat them on WhatsApp +14106350697

    They will surely help you with your hacking problems at a very affordable price and they are very reliable and they deliver a perfect job

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need personal informations from companies,family and friends that will better your life and you need easy access without them noticing or you’re financially unstable and you have a bad credit score, come to Brillianthackers800@gmail.com he will solve that without stress,he and his team can clear criminal records without leaving a trace and can also anonymously credit your empty credit cards with funds you need,all these things and more this hacker and his team will do cause they keep you updated on every step taken in order to achieve the goal and they also deliver on time,I tested and confirmed this I’m still happy on how my life is improving after my encounter with them, you can send a mail to Brillianthackers800@gmail.com, you can also message on Whatsapp +14106350697

    ReplyDelete

  7. Win back Ex-lover with my help….via R.buckler11 gmail. com.........

    ReplyDelete