Saturday, March 5, 2022

Michael Snow
 | High School












Michael Snow

High School

Toronto, Canada: Impulse Editions, 1979
[44] pp.,  28 x 22.5 cm., spiral-bound
Edition of 2000


A faux-facsimile of the artist's high school note book, complete with doodles, drawings and short texts in the artist's handwriting. 

Produced in an edition of 2000 by Impulse Magazine (in cooperation with The Isaacs Gallery), one hundred of which were signed and numbered and include a signed print. 


DD: The book presents itself as though it could actually be a straight facsimile - like Scraps For Soldiers - of your own high school notebooks, the way that Konig Books reprinted George Brecht’s notebooks from the time when he was a student in John Cage’s class at the New School for Social Research. But you soon realize that these were not drawings that you made in high school. You’ve mentioned the pun in the title, did you consider these drawings and doodles you might make while stoned? 

MS: In the old days, I don’t know how far back now, I used to smoke dope occasionally. Before playing music, and also socially, it was pretty common.  And for some reason – and with other people around – I would do these kinds of drawings and it seemed an interesting subject for a book. And when I was in school I did doodle in my notebooks. 


2 comments:

  1. Bitcoin investment has changed my life because I invested my bitcoin with Mr Anderson Carl. He is a professional trader and he help me trade my bitcoin and he can also help you. My first investment with Anderson Carl, I profited up to $2,600 with my investment of $200 in 7 days, Looking into this week as well, what have you planned to achieve? Why not take that step now and contact Anderson Carl on whatsapp: +1(252)285-2093 Email:(andersoncarlassettrade@gmail.com)I advice you shouldn't hesitate He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine recommended brillianthackers800@gmail.com to me although i was feeling skeptical about them at first but i went ahead to message them and they helped me settle bank loans and they also helped me increase my credit score you can chat them on WhatsApp +14106350697

    They will surely help you with your hacking problems at a very affordable price and they are very reliable and they deliver a perfect job

    ReplyDelete