Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Jonathan Monk | Crackers






Jonathan Monk
Crackers
Toronto, Canada: Paul + Wendy Projects, 2023
One size fits all
Edition of 50 signed copies


To commemorate Jonathan Monk’s Crackers collection reaching the milestone of fifty copies, Paul+Wendy Projects released this embroidered 100% cotton baseball cap emblazoned with the word, in an edition of fifty. 

The one-size-fits-all adjustable cap is accompanied by a card signed by the artist and is available for fifty dollars (CDN) from the publisher, here


"In my early teens my mother would often react to certain things I did or said with...you must be crackers*...

Many years later, I read that Ed Ruscha said Crackers, published by Heavy Industry Publications, Hollywood in 1969 (the year of my birth), was the least popular of his artist books. It is also the cheapest and most readily available.

A combination of all of the above started my ongoing collection of the publication.

*crackers adjective (UK informal) silly, stupid, or slightly mentally ill (Cambridge Dictionary)."

- Jonathan Monk



No comments:

Post a Comment