Sunday, May 12, 2024

Dave Dyment | Pop Quiz











Dave Dyment [Emily Falvey, Lucy MacDonald, Geordie Miller]
Pop Quiz
Sackville, Canada: Owens Art Gallery, 2019
16 pp., 23 x 15 cm., staplebound
Edition size unknown


A booklet published on the occasion of a solo exhibition showing of the video (and bookwork) Pop Quiz, a project which collects every question from every lyric in my music collection. This slim volume features a foreword by Director Emily Falvey, a text by curator Lucy MacDonald and an interview conducted by poet Geordie Miller (whose questions also come from pop lyrics).

Pop Quiz was presented at the Owens Art Gallery in January of 2019. The three-hour work played on a continuous loop inside the gallery during opening hours, and on the exterior of the building in the evenings. 


“Jan Peacock once described Dave Dyment’s practice as “weird rigor” and his project Pop Quiz is a brilliant example of what she may have meant. Combining a playful interest in pop culture with a commitment to process-oriented creative strategies rooted in structured repetition, the project a restrictive formula  - every question from every song in the artist’s music collection - and uses it to generate a peculiar, at times poignant narrative of perplexity, doubt and yearning.”
- Emily Falvey, forward




2 comments:

  1. SELLING FULLZ 2024 UPDATED FRESH SPAMMED
    USA UK CANADA INFO AVAILABLE IN BULK
    AVAILABLE 24/7

    SSN DOB DL ADDRESS
    NIN DOB ADDRESSS SORTCODE
    SIN DOB ADDRESS MMN
    HIGH CREDIT SCORE PROS
    YOUNG & OLD AGE FULLZ
    CC WITH CVV FULLZ
    DUMPS WITH PIN CODES TRACK 1 & 2
    BUSINESS EIN COMPANY FULLZ
    REAL DL PHOTO FRONT & BACK WITH SELFIE
    PASSPORT PHOTOS WITH SELFIE
    KYC|UBEREATS|DOORDASH ACCOUNT OPENING INFO WITH DL PHOTO
    MANY COUNTRIES REAL DL FRONT BACK WITH SELFIE AVAILABLE
    BULK FULLZ AVAILABLE
    DEAD FULLZ
    FULLZ WITH EMPLYEE & BANK INFO
    FULLZ WITH DL EXPIRY INFO
    FRESH & GENUINE ID|DL PHOTOS ALL OVER THE WORLD

    SPAMMING TOOLS & TUTORIALS
    SMTP|RDP|C-PANEL|SHELLS
    WEB-MAILER|BULK SMS SENDER
    BRUTES|MOD APPS
    SMTP LINUX ROOT
    SCAM PAGES|SCAM PAGE SRCIPTING

    You can asked for any stuff related to fullz & tools
    We'll provide fresh & Genunine guaranteed stuff
    Invalid|bad|wrong|unmatched info will be replaced

    CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS

    (at)killhacks - (at)leadsupplier - T3l3 Gram
    752822040 - (at)killhacks - I C Q
    (at)peeterhacks - Skyp3
    bigbull0334 (at) onion mail . org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a California resident; I was a victim of a crypto scam; I was asked to send Bitcoin to a website called nasdaqon.com. I was referred there by a person I met online. I transferred funds to the site and my account balance appeared to grow to $525,000. But, when I tried to withdraw the funds, the website demanded that I pay a 10% withdrawal fee, which would amount to over $50,000. I wasn’t pleased about it and I became so worried, I knew something wasn’t right about it. I had to open up to a friend who then recommended HACKWEST AT WRITEME DOT COM. I didn’t hesitate to write to Hack West and after interrogations, he told me what I should do. Within a few days my money was recovered. I promised to let the world know about this genius. I am so delighted that I finally got my money back.

    ReplyDelete