Saturday, May 11, 2024

Diane Borsato | Cloud Collection




Diane Borsato
Cloud Collection
Sackville, Canada: Owens Art Gallery, 
16 pp., 26 x 20 cm., accordion fold
Edition size unknown


Subtitled "Observations of clouds and other ephemeral phenomena in the permanent collection of the Owens Art Gallery”, this concertina work employs the format of a printed field guide, taking readers on a cloud-watching expedition through the Owns Art Gallery’s permanent collection. 

Designed by frequent Borsato collaborator JP King, the work folds out to become a 56” skyline. It presents twenty-one works and accompanying texts that describe lightning, sun dogs, and various atmospheric effects. 

Cloud Collection is available in both English and French editions (I somehow ended up with the French version, which I cannot read), for free upon request. 

For more information, visit this virtual companion to the publication: 



"One category of accordions is the exhibition catalogue as they serve as an economical introduction to the artist(s) and the work on display, and for the most part they play a purely informative function. But sometimes they move beyond this utilitarian function and become objects of beauty in themselves, and this catalogue for an exhibition conceived by Diane Borsato does just that. Kudos should also go to JP King, the designer, for creating this wonderful design that seems so in sync with Borsato's cloud project.

The exhibition was comprised of works selected by Borsato from the permanent collection of the Owens Art Gallery that for her all related to clouds in different types of ways. In this catalogue Borsato combines reproductions of the works and accompanies each of them with short texts that illustrate the nature and topography of clouds. These texts and images all work beautifully together and this accordion left me with a renewed respect for these most elusive of nature's artifacts.”




1 comment:

  1. I am a California resident; I was a victim of a crypto scam; I was asked to send Bitcoin to a website called nasdaqon.com. I was referred there by a person I met online. I transferred funds to the site and my account balance appeared to grow to $525,000. But, when I tried to withdraw the funds, the website demanded that I pay a 10% withdrawal fee, which would amount to over $50,000. I wasn’t pleased about it and I became so worried, I knew something wasn’t right about it. I had to open up to a friend who then recommended HACKWEST AT WRITEME DOT COM. I didn’t hesitate to write to Hack West and after interrogations, he told me what I should do. Within a few days my money was recovered. I promised to let the world know about this genius. I am so delighted that I finally got my money back.

    ReplyDelete