Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Apricot Bar Code Architecture





According to a new Vice Magazine story, Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited Young Adult Romance bestseller list was dominated by dozens of AI-generated books, yesterday and Monday. 

Jules Roscoe reports on titles such as When the Three Attacks, Apricot Bar Code Architecture, The Journey to Becoming Enlightened is Arduous and Department of Vinh Du Stands in Front of His Parents’ Tombstone. 

The article quotes a twitter post from Indie author Caitlyn Lynch: “The AI bots have broken Amazon. Take a look at the Best Sellers in Teen & Young Adult Contemporary Romance eBooks top 100 chart. I can see 19 actual legit books. The rest are AI nonsense clearly there to click farm.” 

By Tuesday afternoon they had been removed from the bestseller list (or fell off, naturally) but remained available to purchase. As of today, Amazon appears to have removed the bulk of them. 

“This will absolutely be the death knell for Kindle Unlimited if Amazon cannot kill this off. The KENP payout will halve and writers will pull their books in droves,” Lynch continued in a thread, referring to the payout that publishing writers get based on how many pages of their book were read by Kindle users. I honestly thought Amazon had a handle on the click farms. CLEARLY NOT.”

She followed with a screenshot of the bestseller list at that time, where only two out of sixteen titles were real. 





2 comments:

  1. After my marriage 3 months ago, I applied for a home loan, so that my wife and I could move to a better apartment, but I got a negative reply, which I was told was as a result of my credit score. When I pulled my score, it was below average. I had a $15,000 student loan, some credit card debt, charge-off and an eviction. DOVLY CREDIT SOLUTION helped me erase all the above negative reports and boosted my score to excellent in less than 7 days. I'm recommending them to any person in need of credit assistance. Contact them via EMAIL: DOVLYCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever seen a group of private investigator who can help you fix your bad credit score, spy on your spouse you think is cheating on you, help increase school grades online, help clear criminal records that is databased, This group clearly control the internet and they carry out their jobs secretly, just contact Brillianthackers800@gmail.com Whatsapp +14106350697 and you are at the right stop.

    ReplyDelete