Saturday, November 26, 2022

Yoko Ono | It's Alright (I See Rainbows)









Yoko Ono
It's Alright (I See Rainbows)
New York City, USA: Rykodisc, 1997
12 x 12 cm.
Edition size unknown


In 1992, Rykodisc released Onobox, a 6-disc collection of Yoko Ono's work from 1968 to 1985, as well as an accompanying "greatest hits" single-disc collection called Walking on Thin Ice. A deluxe signed version of Onobox was accompanied by a glass Key To Open The Universe

Five years later the label released Ono's entire back catalogue, most of it on CD for the first time. 

Originally released in 1982, It's Alright (I See Rainbows) is the artist's sixth solo album, and her second following the death of her husband John Lennon. The reissue was accompanied by a CD tray sized die-cut postcard called A Hole To See The Rainbow Through.


"The songs from It’s Alright were an attempt to do new sounds. I used shotguns for the backbeat. I brought Sean’s toy raygun to the studio to use it as a rhythm track. I was expecting the usual sneer I had gotten from the musicians and engineers whenever I had tried to do anything that was out of the ordinary. Surprisingly, no one was upset this time. It was ’82 and it seemed as though I was finally in sync with the world."
- Yoko Ono




No comments:

Post a Comment