Monday, November 28, 2022

Yoko Ono | A Hole to See the Sky Through






Yoko Ono
A Hole to See the Sky Through
New York City, USA: Japan Society Gallery, 2008
18 x 12.5 cm.
Edition size unknown


Another work related to the A Hole To See The Sky Through series is Sky TV (below), a closed circuit TV feed that dates back to a text from Ono's Lisson Gallery exhibition:  "a TV just to see the sky. Different channels for different skies, high-up sky, low sky, etc." 


"I was moving to many different apartments, so a small apartment I got. And I went in and there was no window. And I thought, "But I do need the sky." So I thought, "How am I going to get the sky?" I mean, you know, even with a window, we can't get it. And so – ah, what about the sky on TV? So that's how I made the sky TV."
- Yoko Ono










No comments:

Post a Comment