Monday, November 28, 2022

Yoko Ono | A Hole To See The Sky Through (MoMA)





Yoko Ono
A Hole To See The Sky Through
New York City, USA: Museum of Modern Art, 2015
18 x 12.5 cm.
Edition size unknown


Produced to accompany the MoMA retrospective Yoko Ono: One Woman Show, this over-sized version of the postcard credits the original work as 1971. 

MoMA owns the original text work Painting to See The Sky, from 1961, and the Sky Machine from 1961/1966 (below). Created for the exhibition and now in the permanent collection, the 2015 work To See The Sky, is a ladder leading viewers to a better vantage of the sky.  


"I was getting into sky a lot – I mean, this was from the time that I was a teenager, even before I was a teenager. I got into it in the place that we moved during the war.

In those days, I just looked at the sky, and it was so beautiful. And there was not many beautiful things in my life except the sky. And the sky was always changing, bright, beautiful. And so I really fell in love with the sky at the time."
- Yoko Ono











No comments:

Post a Comment