Monday, January 31, 2022

Rodney Graham | Send Your Child To Art School












On this day in 2015, Plug In ICA in Winnipeg launched the Rodney Graham: Send Your Child to Art School poster project. This poster series reformulates an earlier work by Graham, taking his message street-level to provoke conversations about the priorities of our educational institutions. This commissioned posters were distributed throughout Winnipeg. 

They are still available from the great Plug In store, in a range of colours, for $20.00 CDN, here: 




"You may have seen the colourful "Send Your Child To Art School" posters around the city. It is an artwork by Canadian artist Rodney Graham, that Plug In commissioned. Even though it is a simple statement, it reflects a more general belief in the benefits of the arts, challenging common dismissals of artists and the arts as being non-productive contributors to society.

Winnipeg is a place that is full of people and institutions that already understand and promote this belief and this is why I was drawn to this city."
- Jenifer Papararo, director of artistic programs at Plug In 


2 comments:

  1. Fast cash offer for you today at just 3% interest rate, both long and short term cash of all amounts and currencies, no collateral required. Apply now for your instant approval financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com WhatsApp +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few months ago, I felt so depressed, I got frustrated with bad credits, but then I contacted HACK VANISH by phone: +1 (747) 293-8514 and email: HACK VANISH (@) GMAIL. COM. I found out about hack vanish services through positive reviews read on some credit blogs, in a blink of an eye this great hacker restored my credit score from 509 to 784 in all 3 major credit bureaus, they got removed evictions and foreclosures, my LexisNexis and Chex system was repaired respectively, a few days later I received an email confirming the approval of my mortgage loan, it was quite surprising because I never thought it was possible. Today, I can confidently say that 2021 was a banner year for my husband and I as we now own a new house and a new SUV courtesy of HACK VANISH, I would definitely recommend him to anyone in need of a genuine Hacker.

    ReplyDelete