Sunday, January 8, 2023

Michael Snow Tribute #9: The Last LP




Michael Snow
The Last LP: Unique Last Recordings Of The Music Of Ancient Cultures
Toronto, Canada: Art Metropole, 1987
12" vinyl LP, gatefold sleeve
Edition size unknown


"We lost a legend today - Michael Snow 1928-2023. This record is not his most famous work, but it’s one very close to my heart. I was working at Art Metropole at the time (1987) that Michael was publishing this album with them and I was assigned to work with him on it. I remember a very long car ride the two of us took together to the factory where they were pressing the record. I was just starting out as an artist and we chatted the whole way there and back. I grilled him about how to make it as an artist and he was super encouraging and I remember feeling really excited about the future. Lots of what he said came to be true and although I had many interactions with him subsequently, I will always cherish that particular chat. He was an amazing artist and a wonderful example of how to do it. Rest in peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment