Friday, January 13, 2023

Micah Lexier | Book Bag Drawings




Micah Lexier 
Book Bag Drawings
Zürich, Switzerland: Nieves, 2022
20 pp., 20 x 14 cm., staple-bound
Edition of a 100 numbered copies

 
Book Bag Drawings is a series of 18 unique sculptures that Lexier made in 2015. Each sculpture, which started as a found canvas tote bag, was altered with the addition of a pencil line, a strip of fabric sewn to the bag and some stray threads.

The title involves many of Lexier's ongoing concerns (artist-designed book bags, alteration, permutation, etc.) but I most enjoy seeing the cross-pollination of influence with his partner Guy Anderson (who produces work under the moniker GuyGuyGuy)

The title is available for $8.00 US, at Printed Matter, here




1 comment:

  1. HOW I GOT A LOAN FOR MY BUSINESS

    Hi everyone, I saw comments from people who have already got their loan from Steve Wilson Loan firm online, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $880,000, which I requested for business. This is really good news and I am so happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email: stevewilsonloanfirm@gmail.com or Whatsapp +393481703911, They are legit loan lenders!
    They are able to lend you a loan.
    Contact Mr Steve Wilson.
    E-mail: stevewilsonloanfirm@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +393481703911

    ReplyDelete