Sunday, December 10, 2023

Renat Absalyamov | Cafe 24-Hour Loneliness




Renat Absalyamov
Cafe 24-Hour Loneliness
Toronto, Canada: Self-published, 2022
8 pp., 22.5 x 13 cm., loose leaves
Edition of 100 signed and numbered copies

Credited to Renat’s Left Hand, this work consists of a six short of poems about loneliness and consumption. For example: "A poem is a receipt you get for living in the moment. Thank you for your purchase.”

The poems are printed on thin strips of paper designed to resemble receipts, and the works are housed in a faux-leather check card holder cover. A smart use of the material, if somewhat underdeveloped. 

The 8th page is a brief bio that reads in part:

“Renat’s Left Hand’s life is a poem written in Russia and being read in Toronto, Canada. He is the author of Twenty Eight Poems, Love Letter to Nova Scotia, Instant Poetry and Twelve Thousand Six Hundred and Eighty Six Steps."


1 comment:

  1. Mr. Jerry and I have worked together for many years now in a professional setting. I am a realtor and have clients in various stages of credit repair. Mr. Jerry is ALWAYS the person I recommend to my clients. His services are second to none & he has always done the best job in order to get my clients in a home as quick as possible when credit is holding them back. He has helped my family members, friends, & strangers I have met through my services. Thank you Mr. Jerry for caring about people like you do! You are making a difference!!! Reach out to Jerrylink Credit Group via: jerrylinkgroup@gmail.com or text 6265140620. Thank me later.

    ReplyDelete