Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Imin Yeh | I'm In Ya





Imin Yeh
I'm In Ya
Pittsburgh, USA: Self-published, 2019
[144] pp.,  7.62 x 12 cm., softcover
Edition of 200

Available from Printed Matter, here, for $20.00 US.


"In March of 2016, somebody made fun of my name, as it appeared on my Facebook profile. For 10 days, I received 70 + direct messages from strangers (all in the UK) making jokes about my name, referring to it as ‘I’m In Ya’ (as in I’m In You). It took me a while to understand the joke. In my life, I had never thought of my name, Imin Yeh, in that way.

‘I’m in Ya’ is about a strange event surrounding a strange name. It is also a story about parents who thought carefully and seriously about how to merge two languages and two cultures into naming their daughter. The text of ‘I’m in Ya’ is each message I received, as it appeared in my inbox. The images are reproductions, drawn in colored pencil, of the sender’s profile picture. "
- Imin Yeh




1 comment:

  1. If you're looking to lose pounds then you have to start using this totally brand new custom keto meal plan.

    To design this service, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and chefs have united to produce keto meal plans that are useful, painless, price-efficient, and enjoyable.

    Since their launch in 2019, 1000's of clients have already completely transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a professional keto meal plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-confirmed ones given by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete