Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Martin Creed | Totebag (Art is shit)











Martin Creed
Totebag (Art is shit)
Wassenaar, Netherlands: Museum Voorlinden, 2017
59 x 38 cm.
Edition size unknown



A tote bag with a quote from the artist that reads: 

"The more I work, the more I think I don't know what I am doing. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. It is like sweat or shit. It comes out as I go along … Art is shit. Art galleries are toilets. Curators are toilet attendants. Artists are bullshitters."

The sentiment (which resonates more so on some days than others) was originally written for the forward of the 2014 book Martin Creed: Works. 

The yellow tote bag was produced in conjunction with the exhibition SAY CHEESE!, which ran from January 21st to June 11th, 2017.

Available from the publisher, here, for €7,50.




1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine recommended brillianthackers800@gmail.com to me although i was feeling skeptical about them at first but i went ahead to message them and they helped me settle bank loans and they also helped me increase my credit score you can chat them on WhatsApp +14106350697, They will surely help you with your hacking problems at a very affordable price and they are very reliable and they deliver a perfect job

    ReplyDelete