Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Christian Marclay | My Bad Ear




Christian Marclay
My Bad Ear
Zurich, Switzerland: Parkett Publishers, 2004
6.8 x 4.1 x 1.8 cm
Edition of 60 signed and numbered copies


Produced for the seventieth issue of Parkett magazine, this life-size bronze cast was manufactured by the Modern Art Foundry, Astoria, NY.


“A great deal of Marclay’s output, possibly the majority of it, is visual or plastic in nature. And yet even this is as much about sound recording; perhaps more so, because it concerns the ubiquity of sound in culture. Marclay’s work is about the socially inscribed ‘flip side’ of sound; it is about the very fact that I could use the phrase ‘flip side’ as unthinkingly as I just did, realizing only as I typed it that the term derives from records, and is thus infinitely apropos for use there.”
- Philip Sherburne Parkett No. 70, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment